RTC is a technology that allows users to quickly and easily connect with friends across the internet. However, many users are experiencing issues connecting on Windows 10. The following seven methods should help fix the issue for you.
If you are having problems connecting to your Discord server, there are a few steps that you can take. The first thing that you should do is check to see if your computer’s date and time settings are correct. You will also want to make sure that the RTC (Real-time Clock) is enabled in Windows 10.
The RTC Connecting/No route issue has been plaguing many Discord users recently. It’s all OK if you’re one of them. The majority of the time, it doesn’t take much work to repair. If your computer isn’t working properly, there are a few things you may do to fix it. Try them out and your issue will be solved in no time.
What does “RTC Connect” imply?
Let me start by explaining the issue with “RTC Connecting.” Due to an issue, Discord is unable to connect to a remote server. Because Discord runs on WebRTC, the “RTC Connecting” issue can only be caused by a problem with your network connection.
Users of Discord sometimes have difficulty connecting. You can’t join a real-time voice chat if the server indicates “RTC Connecting” but no progress is being made.
In Discord, Real-Time Chat (or WebRTC) is utilized to allow for simultaneous conversation. A platform that tries to connect to RTC is attempting to make a voice call. As a result, fatigue after connecting to RTC has something to do with the network.
What Causes ‘RTC Connecting’?
Before we can repair Discord connections, we must first understand why they fail:
- An unreliable internet connection may cause the RTC to reconnect repeatedly.
- Discord will function badly if you use a dynamic IP address.
- Discord does not allow VPNs that do not use the User Datagram Protocol (UDP).
- Antivirus quarantined Discord: This may happen if your antivirus program flags a Discord file as possibly dangerous and quarantines it.
- You won’t be able to join a Discord conversation if the server for your area doesn’t allow you to connect.
Now that we know why the voice connection issue arises on Discord, let’s look at how to fix it.
Change to a different web browser
If you get a “RTC Connecting” problem, it’s possible that your browser isn’t working properly. If you use conflicting plugins if the site isn’t functioning properly due to a cache problem, you may run into this problem.
In these situations, try using Discord in a modern browser like Firefox, Chrome, or Opera. If the issue goes away when you use a different browser, consider removing all extensions and emptying the cache in your current browser. In the error that continues in other browsers, the following remedy may be discovered.
Rebooting the computer will reactivate the network.
It’s also the most straightforward and efficient technique. You may believe that a simple network restart is all that is required, but this is not always the case. It may be used to recover overheating and overloading of your network equipment. So, before you go for more sophisticated options, give it a go.
You may restart your network by following these steps:
- Disconnect your modem and router’s power cables.
- After at least 2 minutes, replace the cables. All of the indications should have returned to normal.
- By opening your browser, you may check whether your Internet connection is up and running. When you get back on the internet, double-check that Discord is still working.
If this doesn’t work, go on to the next step.
Ensure that your network drivers are current.
RTC Connecting problems may also indicate a defective or out-of-date network driver. If you can’t remember the last time you updated your drivers, doing it now may save your day.
You may manually update your network driver by going to the manufacturer’s website, identifying the model number, and downloading the newest driver installation.
To upgrade the network driver on Windows, just follow the instructions below.
- In the search box next to the Start Menu, type “Device Manager.”
- Locate the Network Adapter and double-click it to expand it.
- To access the menu list, right-click on the network driver.
- Choose “Update Driver” from the drop-down menu.
Restart your PC if Discord isn’t functioning properly after upgrading your network driver.
For a few minutes, turn off your firewall.
It stops unauthorized people from accessing your computer’s data and resources. It may also unintentionally block certain innocent traffic, making it a potential source of the “RTC Connecting” problem. Disable your firewall for a while and see how things go.
The steps are outlined below (screenshots are from Windows 10, although the technique applies to Windows 7 and later):
- By hitting the Windows + R keys at the same time, you may open the Run dialog box. After entering or copying control firewall, click OK. cpl.
- From the left-hand menu, choose Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- For the public network, private network, and domain network, choose Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended). It will close once you click OK.
It’s now possible to test Discord to verify whether it’s functioning properly.
VPNs are Beneficial
The “RTC Connecting” error may potentially be caused by a network issue. If all other websites function except Discord, you may try using a VPN to enhance your connection. VPN servers typically maintain a stable connection and are seldom unavailable.
Free VPNs, on the other hand, are not recommended since they may collect your data. Even at the cheapest price, a privacy protection membership is offered.
High Packet Priority should be disabled in terms of QoS.
Users claimed that a Discord feature called Quality of Service Excessive Packet Priority was generating high pings in-game, and that removing it fixed the problem. See what happens if you do the same thing.
This is what you must do:
- When you open Discord, you may modify your user settings.
- From the left menu, choose Voice & Video. Under the QUALITY OF SERVICE section, enable the Quality of Service High Packet Priority option.
- Check to see if the issue continues.
It’s time to update your DNS server.
The DNS connects URLs with IP addresses (Domain Name System). You may enter indecipherable words and phrases instead of numbers while visiting a website. Another way to put it is that the Domain Name System is the Internet’s phone book.
Your DNS server converts domain names into IP addresses so DNS clients may contact the origin server. As a consequence, your browsing speed and accuracy may be affected.
It’s a good idea to switch from the one provided by your ISP to one that is more commonly used, such as Google DNS. This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance.
The method to be followed is as follows:
- In the dialogue box, click the Run tab. The Run dialogue box is opened by pressing Windows + R on the keyboard. To do so, hit R while holding down the Windows key.
- In the text field, type “control ncpa.cpl” (without quotes) or click the OK button on the dialogue box.
- When you right-click on your network, choose Properties from the context menu.
- Locate Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) in the list and double-click on it to view its properties.
- Instead of getting your DNS server address automatically, use these DNS server addresses.
- The following values must be entered:
- The recommended DNS server is 18.104.22.168.
- An alternative DNS server is 22.214.171.124.
- When you click OK, your changes will be saved.
Getting stuck at the RTC connection stage is a frequent issue among Discord users. As a consequence, talking is difficult, and you are forced to wait for long periods of time. Typically, network issues are to fault. Even though it’s uncomfortable, you can conquer it. They are presented in this guide, and we hope you find them useful.
You are free to ask any queries you may have in the comments area below. Please let me know which of the fixes worked for you. We’d be delighted to hear from you. Please do not hesitate to leave a remark. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Articles Related to This
12 Ways To Fix A Stuck Windows 10 Update
What is the best way to change the background in Google Meet?
The discord no route on one server is a problem that has been present for a while. There are 7 ways to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix my RTC connection?
Why am I stuck on RTC connecting?
If you are stuck on the RTC connecting screen, this means that your computer is unable to connect to the game. Try restarting your computer and try again.
How do I fix RTC connecting discord browser?
You can try restarting your computer and the game. If that doesnt work, you may need to reinstall Discord.
- how to fix ice checking on discord
- discord rtc connecting fix reddit
- a rtc server has been allocated for you and discord is attempting to connect to it
- rtc connecting discord opera
- discord call stuck on connecting