A new browser from Epic Games has been released and is available for download. It has a built-in ad blocker, tracker blocking, and more. The problem with the release is that it says “assertion failed” if you try to run it on Windows 10 because of privacy concerns.
The “epic browser” is a privacy focused web browser that has been developed by Epic Games. The “Epic Privacy Browser assertion failed on Windows 10” is an issue that may occur when the user tries to start the browser on their computer.
He spent much of his time building new talents and learning more about the IT industry, since he was passionate about technology, Windows, and anything that had a power button. Coming from a strong foundation in computer science,… Read more
21st of December, 2021
Originally published in June 2019
- Epic is a free web browser based on Chromium that prioritizes security and privacy for its users.
- block=”33″ adinserter] If you’re unfamiliar with UR Browser, you can learn more about it by reading our review.
Are you having trouble with your current browser? Upgrade to a newer version: Opera You are entitled to a better browser! Every day, 350 million people use Opera, a full-featured navigation experience with a variety of built-in packages, reduced resource use, and a beautiful look. Here are some examples of what Opera can do:
- Simple migration: transfer existing data, such as bookmarks, passwords, and so on, using the Opera helper.
- Optimize resource usage: compared to other browsers, your RAM memory is utilized more effectively.
- Increased privacy: a free and unlimited VPN is included.
- There are no advertisements since they are built-in. Ad Blocker reduces the time it takes for websites to load and protects you from data mining.
- Gaming-friendly: Opera GX is the world’s first and finest gaming browser.
- Opera may be downloaded here.
Epic is a free web browser based on Chromium that prioritizes security and privacy for its users. Its primary purpose is to establish a secure environment free of internet monitoring. Many users, however, have encountered Assertion failed warnings in Epic Privacy Browser, which we’ll teach you how to remedy today.
On the Epic Browser forum, one user characterized the problem as follows:
Team, I hope everything is ok. I had Epic installed, however a few days ago I received this message: Assertion (Assert) failed! Epic Privacy BrowserInstallerEpicUpdate.exe (C:UsersCecilAppDataLocalEpic Privacy BrowserInstallerEpicUpdate.exe) 18.104.22.168 is the current version. I’d rather reinstall it. I’m getting the same pop-up now. When I click “Ignore,” the installation proceeds and completes, but nothing occurs.
How can I repair assertion failed issues in Epic Privacy Browser?
1. Attempt to use a different browser.
We propose using the Opera browser if you don’t want to go through the effort of following many procedures to address your problem.
Opera is a safe browser that prioritizes user privacy and puts all of its features right on your home screen. A free VPN with greater privacy for your online activity provides you with beneficial privacy.
Furthermore, this browser is incredibly configurable, allowing you to add unique components to the homepage or customise your sidebar with integrated applications.
In terms of functionality, you may quickly aggregate online sources or divide into separate workspaces to better optimize your operations.
2. Modify the Read-only property.
- Type regedit into the Windows search box and choose the first result. The name of the program should be Registry Editor. If you are unable to use Registry Editor, please see our tutorial on how to resolve the issue.
- Navigate to HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoft WindowsCurrentVersionRun in Registry Editor.
- Select Permissions from the context menu when you right-click on Run…
- Change the Permissions to Full Control if they are set to Read.
- After that, click OK and then Apply.
After that, test whether Epic browser works by installing it. Go with caution: changing registry keys might cause system issues, so if you’re uncertain, proceed to the following steps.
3. Install the latest Windows 10 update.
- To change your settings, go to Start > Settings.
- Now choose Update & Security from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure Windows Update is chosen on the left side panel, and then click Check for updates in the right column.
- Install any new updates that have been released, and then check the Epic Privacy Browser.
4. Turn off the Firewall
- Type Control Panel into the Windows search box and press Enter.
- Select System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall from the drop-down menu.
- Select Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left side panel.
- Now select the checkbox next to Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended).
- Click the OK button.
- Make sure the Windows Firewall isn’t blocking any ports or programs.
That is all there is to it. This should resolve the Epic browser’s assertion issue.
If you know of another way to remedy the problem or have any more concerns, please leave them in the comments area below and we’ll gladly look into it.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get rid of Epic Privacy Browser?
A: Epic Privacy Browser is a browser that you can download from the internet. You have to remove it by following these steps on your computer …
1) Search for Uninstall in Windows search bar and press enter (This will open up a window with programs installed).
2) In the list of apps, find Epic Privacy Browser and click uninstall. 」
3) Open Control Panel or Programs & Features, depending on which version of Windows youre using. 」4) Type Uninstall into the search box followed by all file extensions in order to be sure not to miss any unwanted program files associated with this extension… 』5) Click uninstall/remove then follow instructions until complete
Is Epic Privacy Browser Safe?
A: Epic Privacy Browser is a browser that gives you privacy against governments and advertisers. However, its not recommended to use this on your main computer because it might slow down internet speeds or make other applications lag behind the times.
- why epic browser is not working